30 March 2012

All You Haters Unfold My Dahon

So, I've reached the milestone at which I'm supposed to be figuring out whether or not I'm going to be able to carry on normally with this injury, but of course, "normal" for me includes what everyone else refers to as "avid cycling." A year from now is not the ideal time to learn that would have needed surgery after all.

So yesterday evening I walked Scooty-Puff the Spunky Folding Bike over to TATI to join His Snobbiness for the ride up to Lincoln Square, with the mistaken impression that it was going to be a "social" ride. Silly me, it was actually the other kind of social ride, in which roadies wear Normal Clothes but still act like roadies. I was dropped like a Beautiful Godzilla on 20-inch wheels, because that's exactly what I am now.

So I got off the Lakefront Trail at Roosevelt, dismounted, and walked to the L, because that's what you're supposed to do with a folding bike anyway, and also because there's no way in hell I'm riding in traffic by myself for a long, long time. I'm just going to have to wait until the next Tweed Ride or whatever.

I miss my Cross-Check. I miss the person I used to be when I was on it.

2 Comments:

At 30 March, 2012 10:41, Blogger Eric Allix Rogers said...

I was also worried it would have been a fast ride. Anyway, I couldn't have done it at all, as I got only three hours of sleep the night before due to horrible dental pain. For no apparent reason, I now need a root canal and either a crown or an implant. My insurance won't cover that stuff, so I'm about to about somewhere between $1000 and $7000. Maybe some schadenfreude will cheer you up!

 
At 31 March, 2012 13:43, Blogger Jennifer said...

No, it's just reminding me of what happened the last time I tried to buy a new bike. My crowns are made of titanium!

And... now I'm reminded of what happened to the new bike that I did eventually get. Grrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home