13 January 2011

Actual project for 2011: Fender transplant

This year I think I'm going to accept the fact that I just don't like riding Avenger the Perfectly Adequate Hybrid anymore. However, before I give him up, I'm going to pry off the $60 SKS Chromoplastics* and see how they work on Fullmetal the Cross-Check That I Should Have Bought Long Ago.

Also this year, I'm not going to sit around waiting for the right conditions before I do anything, because that's exactly how I end up not doing anything. In related news, I sure hope that everyone who's ever assured me that the Cross-Check is the world's second-most** durable bike is correct, because the winter tuneup club just isn't in the budget.

Oh wait, I don't have health insurance. Well, crap, I guess I really can't go anywhere until the ice melts. But I'd still like to see how the nice fenders work out on the nice bike.


*I think that's how much they cost when I got them. How long ago was that now? Three or four years or something? Damn, I'm losing track of my own life here. A couple of decades from now, a next-gen relative is going to ask me what it was like living on my own in the big city in my 20s and I'm just going to stare blankly and mutter something about spending $60 on fenders.

**The world's first-most durable bike is webiversally agreed to be the Long Haul Trucker. Ask anyone who doesn't actually have one.

1 Comments:

At 14 January, 2011 20:56, Blogger Eric Allix Rogers said...

I'd recommend you get catastrophic health insurance coverage. It's cheap, and then you won't have to worry about bike accidents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home