24 February 2010

Never too old

Just when I find myself whining with regularity that there's just not enough life for me to do all the things I want to do and go all the places I want to go, I read about Alice Telford:

"Alice got into cycling nearly 30 years ago at age 61, taking adventure cycling trips through France, Mexico, Siberia, China, and California. At age 67, she completed the tortuous 217 mile mountain bike trip from Telluride, Colorado to Moab, Utah. Today, at age 86, she continues to ride daily and organize local bike rides.

"Read more about this amazingly active woman at Cycle & Style: Alice Telford – An Inspriation to All Women."


Heck, I'd call that an inspiration to anybody.

(Now, whether there's enough life that's not wasted as a helpless prisoner in a windowless office where I can do naught but sit on my ass and read snatches about the things I'd rather be doing with the money I'm stuck here trying to make is probably another matter...)

4 Comments:

At 24 February, 2010 18:20, Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

My old man spent last weekend climbing a snow covered mountain at 5°F. He's doing the same thing this weekend. He's 68.

It must be nice to be retired and have that time on your hands.

 
At 27 February, 2010 01:21, Blogger Jennifer said...

If you don't get crippling arthritis first. It seems to run in my family. :-(

 
At 02 March, 2010 00:39, Blogger BadCarbine said...

But does cycling run in your family?

 
At 02 March, 2010 11:22, Blogger Jennifer said...

Not really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home