28 November 2009

Why do we hate the people we love?

Some jackass SUV driver beeps at me for seemingly no reason while I'm trying to balance between a pothole and a double-parked car, and I'm instantly all in a fury---




---until I realize it's my boyfriend and he just wanted to say hi.




Stereotyping, while wrong, is pretty useful 99% of the time, but that remaining 1% really bites you in the ass. It's just not worth it.

[True story, some weeks ago.]

4 Comments:

At 29 November, 2009 08:38, Blogger jared said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33210

 
At 29 November, 2009 20:58, Blogger Sproactually said...

Would it be okay to link to some of your flicker pictures in my blog? I need to prove to the world that a female bike riding star trek watching good craft beer drinking map geeks do exist. You wouldn't happen to have a sister, or a cousin in NY by any chance?

 
At 29 November, 2009 21:43, Blogger Jennifer said...

Uh, sure. As long as you link to the Flickr page or whatever the rules are, as stated in the terms-of-use thingy.

Any relatives I would have in New York would be too distant for me to know of their existence, sorry. I'm something of an embarrassment to the ones I do know.

 
At 30 November, 2009 15:57, Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Heh, my wife learned years ago not to honk at me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home