30 January 2009

Perhaps the readers of Stay Home & Sleep All Day would feel differently

Travel & Leisure's America's Favorite Cities 2008 feature ranks Chicago third in public transportation and pedestrian friendliness (by people who don't live here?) behind Portland and Washington, DC.

In skyline/views we're second to New York. Bullshit.

Helmet tip to CTA Tattler, where Unindicted Co-Conspirator doesn't seem to understand what "public transportation friendliness" means. In other news, ActiveTrans is accused of being asleep at the wheel (which is a rather silly idiom to use in this case, if you think about it).

In other other news, I don't bike anymore. I've completely lost interest. We're supposed to get a nice thaw this weekend (finally) and I just don't care. ATA is flinging discounts at me for Bike the Drive and I just don't care. GITAP is going to Starved Rock and White Pines and I just don't care. Wolf Lake is lovely in winter and I just don't care. "Bike and horse paths" were lumped into the same category as zoos and golf courses in stimulus discussions and I just don't care. Both bikes need tuneups and I just don't care.

I just don't care.

I just don't care.

I just don't care.

3 Comments:

At 02 February, 2009 22:49, Blogger reub2000 said...

In other news, the commenters on the tattler sometimes say the darnedest things.

 
At 03 February, 2009 19:05, Blogger Jennifer said...

It was a useful segue into that comment on the trans>>blog.

 
At 08 February, 2009 19:21, Blogger Fuzzy said...

Love your post title... I think my wife would subscribe to that publication!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home