01 July 2008

Survey: How does bicycling affect your finances?

[I know, my blog has a bug. It seems only to affect Internet Explorer, so try another browser. I have no idea what's wrong.]

Heads up from bike>>blog:
Bikes are money, honey

"American Public Media wants to know how bicycling has affected your economic life.

"'Some riders are cobbling together retro-hip fixed-gear bikes, some without brakes – your legs do all the work. (Look mom, no derailleur!) Others are choosing the latest styles from the fat-tire beach cruiser to the sleek triathlon aerodynamic bike. What's your economic relationship with the bicycle? Are you using a bike to save money or to make money?'

"Take their brief survey here."


I'm not sure how to answer the following question:

"In what ways has the price of gas changed your relationship with the bicycle?"

Um, not at all? I've been biking since gas was $2, suckers. They all said I was crazy, but who's crazy now? *maniacal evil genius laugher*

Anyway, go check it out.

In other news, L.A.T.E. Ride! July 12/13! Sign up today! Come with me! I'm lonely.

4 Comments:

At 01 July, 2008 12:43, Blogger Eric Allix Rogers said...

I think I'll do the LATE Ride. I can't get to any of their packet pickups until the one on the 9th, though.

 
At 01 July, 2008 14:11, Anonymous thePig said...

My cycling actually costs me money rather than saving it. My circumstance mean I haven't been able to commute by bicycle.

The majority of my cycling is cycle touring which costs money in terms of equipment, travel etc. But it is worth every penny :-)

 
At 02 July, 2008 16:38, Blogger Pacer Sharon said...

Hi Jennifer, and thanks for blogging my questions. I've got one more, and that is whether long-time cyclists are seeing rapid price rises at local bike shops for bikes and parts.

Thanks,

Sharon McNary
smcnary at marketplace dot org

 
At 02 July, 2008 16:49, Blogger Jennifer said...

You know, I haven't really noticed. I mean, everything is getting to be more expensive, and we have that lovely 10.25% sales tax as of yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home