11 April 2008

Extremely local news: Update on that bus I never take

Well, it looks like that #171 stop that was causing such a fuss will stay put, at least until someone else decides to play checkers with transportation options like it's some sort of power trip. ("Dear Alderman Stone...") And that's all I'm going to say, because I don't ever take the bus anymore. Read more here, here, and here.

In other news, you know you're way too old for this when you see an article in a student publication on a record number of rejections at your alma mater, and the freshman class from your senior year isn't even on the accompanying chart because it was too long ago for anyone to care anymore. I need a lawn so I can yell at kids to get off of it.

In other other news, I had no idea that people felt so passionate about bike helmets or the lack thereof. I'd always assumed that everyone agreed it was a personal decision, but what I see of the helmet debate is starting to take on the character of an endless and really nasty religious dispute. And now I face a strange dilemma: Can an atheist be a devout helmet wearer, or is that a glaring contradiction of ideologies?


"You went over my helmet?!"

1 Comments:

At 11 April, 2008 19:55, Anonymous jessica said...

i'd think atheists would be more likely to be super into helmet wearing because they don't believe god will swoop in and save them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home