27 March 2008

Extremely local news: Thursday evening ride, 9:30 pm from Powell's

Okay, it's not yet Earth Week, but Eric just had sinus surgery and I've been feeling snuffly all morning (and I can never tell allergies from a head cold until it's too late). So I think Dingbat might be afraid that he'll have to ride by himself again. Therefore, I hereby announce the Tuesday/Thursday night riders of the Hyde Park Cycling Club (coming soon: new name and stuff). Meet at 9:30 pm in front of Powell's (57th and Harper) for a ride up the Lakefront Path to... somewhere. In my conceptual geography it's all "some bar in Lincoln Park," but most of the time it's a specific place called The Other Side. (I say "most of the time" because the destination is flexible depending on the weather and where people feel like going.) Pace is "conversational" but we go faster when it's cold, and tonight the weather will be wintry. Fun!

As this is exactly what I've been waiting for to test the new winter coat I'll probably be there at Powell's, but as I might be a sneezy nose-running mess I'll probably turn around at 47th and go home. But if you're in the neighborhood and healthy, and if you've been feeling bummed lately that winter had to end so soon, you should go and give Dingbat some company. If it's too late for you, check out the HPCC's calendar for rides that depart at more civilized hours. I know it's Hyde Park, but we can't all be antisocial all the time, right?

2 Comments:

At 27 March, 2008 13:03, Blogger Dingbat said...

Thanks for the plug!

 
At 27 March, 2008 13:49, Blogger Eric Allix Rogers said...

I may ride down just to ride back up to 47th too. My ENT said I could go back to riding today if I'm careful and don't push it. I'll definitely be back at it by next week (and I'm trying to recruit a friend for Saturday, too).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home