20 February 2008

Negligent vehicular homicide

It sounds unpleasant, and it's supposed to be. Run a search for the phrases "Matthew Wilhelm" and "improper lane usage" to see why. Here, I'll do it for you: Google search results.

Illinoisans in the know: What's up with this? There was a lot of talk last year or so about drafting legislation so that motorists who kill people while futzing with their cell phones can be punished more appropriately under the law--well? Bill number? Status? Anybody? The latest I've heard is this entry in CBF's bike>>blog and a blurb in LIB's Illinois Bicyclist newsletter that I mentioned earlier. More specific information, please! I feel like I'm being patted on the head and told don't worry, the professional lobbyists and politicians are taking care of everything--but this is Illinois, and I'm not falling for that again.
...
In happier news (who says I'm not cheerful?), I think I've named my new bike even though it doesn't exist yet, after a song I still like even long after I outgrew the band.

"We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home