17 January 2008

Potential Amtrak strike: Wha-a-a-a...?

Doomsday averted!
Chicago Tribune:
Lawmakers pass mass-transit bill 3 days before drastic cuts, fare raises

But wait--what's all this about Amtrak now?
Crain's Chicago Business:
Amtrak strike could close Union Station to Metra riders

Apparently the rest of the country already knows about it. Were we all that preoccupied with CTA/Pace disaster here in Chicago? (I leave out Metra because they're raising fares anyway. Rat on a stick!)

Oh, it was in the Trib on Tuesday:
Specter of Amtrak strike has commuters bracing for shutdowns
Amtrak strike could cripple commuter rail service

I didn't notice; I was busy. (With Things.) Did anyone else?
...
Here's some good news: long-eared owls in the South Loop. Hope they're still there when the weather perks back up--I want pics!

3 Comments:

At 17 January, 2008 18:04, Blogger Fritz said...

Ugh, this is the first I've heard of it too. Caltrain (the commuter rail service I ride every single day) is operated by Amtrak.

 
At 17 January, 2008 19:35, Blogger Jennifer said...

I thought of that. Youch.

 
At 18 January, 2008 09:56, Blogger reallyboring said...

Looks like a deal has been reached, and there's not going to be a strike. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-amtrak-labor,0,2854954.story) I had not heard anything about it until now either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home