16 November 2007

I love this job

Chappell, Sally A. Kitt. Chicago's Urban Nature: A Guide to the City's Architecture + Landscape (2007)
Gilfoyle, Timothy J. Millennium Park: Creating a Chicago Landmark (2006)
Osterbrock, Donald E. Yerkes Observatory, 1892-1950: The Birth, Near Death, and Resurrection of a Scientific Research Institution (1997)
Smith, Carl. The Plan of Chicago: Daniel Burnham and the Remaking of the American City (2006)
Wille, Lois. Forever Open, Clear, and Free: The Struggle for Chicago's Lakefront (2nd ed.; 1991)

Total: $13.00

Oh yeah.
...
In other news, this apple is delicious! If you're in Hyde Park or soon will be, go to the Co-Op Market. In the produce section there's a stack of boxes of apples from Doud Orchard in Denver, Indiana; the listed price is $1.29 per lb. I forget which variety the one I'm eating now is, but when I was there last (a few nights ago, I think) they were in the frontmost box. They're about the size of softballs and a little squat-looking, with glossy skin that's half red and half greenish-yellow. You will know them by their smell, because these are the most fragrant apples in the whole section. Buy one. Now. Buy several. The texture is a little grainy and they bruise rather easily, but you won't be sorry. And this could very well be the last year we ever get Doud Orchard apples.

And then could someone please go to the town hall meeting on Sunday Nov. 19 at 2pm at the Hyde Park Neighborhood Club and tell me what happens, because I don't think I'll be back in town by Sunday afternoon.

I should go back and get more of these, and then bake a pie in tribute.
...
In other news, this. Good lack of lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home